Monday, September 21, 2009

Things I've Learned....(Part 2)

“THINGS I’VE LEARNED IN RECOVERY AND LIVING WITH CANCER”
Blog Post #2


2. The world we live in is a dependable world.

The world has certain things that are just true. If you shut the engines off of flying airplanes, they are going to fall out of the sky. If you ride your bicycle into the path of a semi-trailer truck, most likely you will die. And if you are cruel to your spouse, and they divorce you, don’t be shocked.
God gave us a world we can depend on so we will recognize what the boundaries are. When my surgeon told me that he thought I had lung cancer that metastasized to my spine, I was pretty shocked. You see, I was a closet smoker for years and I had watched several members of my family waste away from cancer, so it was the way it was diagnosed was the shocking to me. (Once, I quit smoking for 14 years, and then I started smoking again. So, maybe I should add “stupidity” to my list of recovery issues.)

This world is a dependable world. It is God’s way of giving us operational margins.

Grace & Peace to all…
Bob

No comments: