Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Things I've Learned....(Part 4)

“THINGS I’VE LEARNED IN RECOVERY AND LIVING WITH CANCER”
Blog Post #4

4. Without FAITH, God’s GRACE means nothing.

I know that God’s grace is the spiritual transfusion that makes us whole, but for it to work at its maximum level, we have to believe in it! I have always had a hard time with my faith. I allow myself to fall into questioning and anger toward God. So, when there are issues that fully expose God’s wonderful Grace, I try to capitalize on it. This last year I have had many, many opportunities to allow my faith to capitalize on God’s Grace. For example, the chemotherapy that Dr. Keefer (“oncologist to the stars”) gives me has really worked well!!! The blood work where they track my T-Cell reading has dropped from the 1.6 to below the .06 that they can read. BUT, I have to share the most recent “GG” (God-Grace) I’ve had… Two weeks ago my doctor told me that he wanted me to have a PET scan, because he thinks I might be in remission from the cancer! I’ll tell you… it doesn’t get any better than that when we are talking about God’s Grace.

Again, as in every blog, thank you for reading. Thank you for caring. And thank you for praying for us.

Grace & Peace to you all…

Bob

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Can't wait to hear how the PET scan turns out! You are so in tune with God's grace and I love you for sharing your feelings. The rest of us forget many times when we are not in crisis....