Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Faith

We are relying on God to get dad through this! That's all we've got - OUR FAITH!

He's still having hallucinations/psychosis, and he repeats himself over and over. He wants to prove to us he knows words and can read and remember things. He didn't pass a swallow test (I act like I know what all this means, but I don't) so they are giving him food in a tube that runs up his nose tonight. It's difficult to see, and we're praying it stops soon. The first day he was humorous, which was good - mom and I needed that good laugh, you know the kind that make you cry! It was good to laugh....but now, we're ready for it to be done. They are saying it should stop, that the meds still haven't metabolized - so we're waiting for that to happen.

Please pray that the doctors will CLEARLY be able to see what the next steps should be for dad. Things seem so murky, like they aren't sure! Just please pray they ARE SURE what needs to be done and they know what steps to take. Please pray for my sweet mom too! We know God is in control of our faithful journey!

So, I don't really think my dad would be very happy with me if I didn't go on to say this...if you're reading this blog and you don't have faith - if you don't know Jesus - if you don't have a peace knowing there is something more than this life, something amazing - then PLEASE reach out to us! Even if you don't know us, that's okay! Our family would love to share our faith with you! We know that even though this is a sad, scary, frustrating, uncertain time for our family - dad's going to be fine! No matter what, he'll be fine! God is good!!!!!!

Peace & Love
~kj

4 comments:

The Davidsons said...

You're amazing, Karyn! Love ya!

Alyssa said...

Excellent post. Thanks for the update.

Catherine said...

Yes, thank you for a difficult update. I don't know if you'll see this, and I DO NOT wish to give false hope. But Tim has an uncle who acted very much like this and it turns out he was allergic to some of the pain meds. Don't know if the drs. have thought of that, but it's MAYBE something to think about.

And of course, we're praying.

Kayla said...

Great ending. I will keep praying for you all and especially those doctors. Love you guys!!