Saturday, December 6, 2008

Debbie's Mother

My mothers mom, Anna Smith, passed away on Thursday evening. Mom & Dad have been in McAlester since then, and DJ and I are heading there Sunday for the funeral on Monday.

When my mom called me to let me know she said, "She won the victory!" And she did win!!! She devoted her life to Christ and now she can rest and be with Him in heaven. Although it is hard to not have her here with us, we have peace knowing where she is.

Please keep my parents and my granddad, Leo, in your prayers.

God gives grace,
kj

3 comments:

vivian said...

Oh, Karyn....I sent your mom a card today and those were my exact words....."I am so sorry you are sad, but so thankful your mom won her victory."
Christ gives us the same heart.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

We're still praying for you guys!

Randal said...

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

------- ------- -------

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~ Romans 8:16-18, 39-39


Yes, she did win the Victory…
…and now forever in the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I suspect that she might look back at her earthly sufferings and agree with Paul; that they are not worth comparing to the glory revealed in us through Christ Jesus.

You’re all in our prayers. God Bless.

Love,
Randy…