Sunday, February 22, 2009

Greetings Faithful Friends

I glanced back over the last few months and I noticed that my recovery blog has not gone over 5500 hits. I wonder how many different people that 5500+ represents, but it has to be several. So, I start today's blog entry with a note of appreciation.

I lost track months ago as to how many cards we have received, 100s of e-mails, phone calls, food brought in, visits, and etc. I think sending e-mails every week or every few weeks is great, but there are even some people who mail me cards via the US Postal Service... that's the people who sell first class postage stamps for 42 cents!!! That, is above and beyond! So, to those of you who have reached out with the notes, the calls, the visits and all, I say thank you. And for those of you who drag my old rusty sin-stained name before God in prayer, well, thank you too. And please, if you are praying for me. Please do not stop! I attribute my success in recovery to the thousands of prayers that have been prayed on my behalf. So, thank you... thank you so, much.

Right now, I have no major health changes to report. I was taken off of the chemo-therapy in early January because it was causing blood clots in my legs. I really expect that I'll go back on the chemo in the next week or so. The blood clots caused the doctor to put me on Lasix to thin my blood and we're having a hard time finding the exact dose that will thin it without making me a bleeder candidate.

I am supposed to see the doctor this week, if I get any news, I'll let you know.

Again... thank you for your care. I never really understood how much I was loved until all of this happened.

Grace & Peace,

Bob

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

We're still dragging it, Bob! Love you!

Sarah said...

We drag your name multiple times a day. You can't stop us. :)

Randal said...

Hey Bob, Just continue to know that we love you and that we are praying for you each and every day

Much Love,
Randy... (and family)