Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Faithful Blog Readers...

I thought I'd let you know that I got some good news at the Doctor's office this AM. You all know I've been off the chemo therapy for a couple months because it causes blood clots. I've been a little concerned about my para-protein level because this (as I understand) is where the cancer is tracked. Here is the way it has stacked up these last few months.

October 1.6 (which is high)
November 0.6 (much better)
December 0.2 (great - near normal)

And after being off of the chemo for almost all of January and all of February the protein level was 0.3...which is still GREAT!

ALSO... the coumadin (blood thinner) has my blood at almost perfect consistency, so I expect to start the chemo back up again in a week or so. I'll let you know more as it unfolds before me.

Please continue to pray for me... and Debbie. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I believe in specific prayers. I think God wants us to think through our prayer requests; I believe it is part of that personal relationship he wants with us. So, I ask that you specifically pray that the blood clots go completely away, and that my circulatory system is returned to normal so the blood will do its job as it carries the medicine through my body.

Grace & Peace to you all.
--Bob

4 comments:

Judy said...

Bob, I'm praying. Thanks for sharing this great news that the levels are still down. I will pray that the blood clots disappear. Our God is powerful.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yay! That is great news! We'll keep praying for you!

Randal said...

Excellent Unc Bob! Glad to hear the good report. We know that there is still a road to recovery, which needs to be traveled and that is why we continue to lift you up in our daily prayers. ..."Specific" prayers are strong prayers indeed!

God is Great all the time...
...All the time God is great


:-)

Holly said...

That is great news! I am agreeing with you in prayer!

Love and Prayers!