Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Update

Friends...

I came in to check out the blogspot, and look at the comments others have left. Thanks to all who read and comment. Of the commenters of course I see my nephew Randy... apparently he checks it nearly every day... (Thanks, dude... I appreciate your prayers and your concern for me.) And, I see Kelley... a friend who is closer than a brother (or son). What could I possibly say to convey how much I appreciate all of your prayers and concern for me?

I read back over some of my blogs as of recent and it seems that I report both the good and the bad, but it has been a long time since I've mentioned the really hard things that wash over me. Today, for example, I've had a very hard day. I didn't get much sleep last night. (I spent the afternoon with the H&R Block people... and, as you might guess, it wasn't a social visit. So, I was awake until 3am looking for deductions. If I don't find them, Barak can thank Debbie and me for funding the bulk of his stimulus package.) But, all kidding aside, I didn't have a good day, and I allowed depression to sweep over me. I did not feel like going to assembly today; I just stayed home and rested. After I caught up on my sleep, I did feel better. One of my greatest frustrations is that I have to realize there are things I just can't do any more. Simply bending over to put on my socks and shoes has to be a series of calculated movements. The steel rods and titanium cage in my back don't have the "bend" that real bones do and I am trying to take care of them so I don't have to repeat the back surgery anytime soon. So, part of my recovery is finding new things I can do, or polishing up things I've not done very well. The cancer and the back surgery is for sure the "big deal" in my life that has gotten my attention.

I had a WONDERFUL day Saturday! (Well other than pesky tax thing.) I got out Saturday morning and watched Lily (granddaughter #1) play soccer! She made two goals. (Well, there might have been a 3rd one, but all the girls were "clumped up" in one spot and it was hard to see which tiny leg was hers, but I think it was the one with the pink soccer cleats...which are on Lily's feet!) Other than getting beyond the concept that 5 year olds playing soccer is very similar to "herding field mice", the game was really fun to watch. Even the 1/4 mile walk to the field wasn't bad!

I promised myself I would not "blog on and on" when I write these, so I'll hush. Please continue to pray for me.

Grace & Peace to all.

-Bob

3 comments:

Randal said...

Bob said: "Of the commenters of course I see my nephew Randy... apparently he checks it nearly every day... (Thanks, dude... I appreciate your prayers and your concern for me)"

=== === ===

Well, not Every day...
... but at least a couple of times a week just to sneak in a get a quick peek :-)

We keep praying for you and for your family so that God will see you ALL though (the good times and the bad) and so that, wherever you put your foot, HE will give you strong footing.

God is so good. His promises endure forever...

Much Love,
Randy... (and family)

kmt58993 said...

Bob, Please know that I pray for you constantly. Also, tell Debbie I appreciate her sweet card she sent me. I have her cell phone in my phone because I know the time will come she will be of great help for me to talk to. Losing moms are tough, wow. Anyway, you are so loved by my family and Tod and I think of you constantly.
Kristi

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Well, you were missed Sunday! Dan and I sat in your spot on the back pew - made sure you weren't around before I took it! HA! Wondered how the business trip went...

Hope you get everything figured out tax-wise and soon!

We continue praying for you daily!