Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Please Continue to Pray

Friends & Family...

I went to the Doctor's office on Friday 3-27. There isn't much to report, actually... except that my blood thinner is working very well, and my PT/INR is "perfect". So... continue to pray that the thinner will continue to work and I will not have any more blood clots.

Now, here's a new prayer request. I am flying to Washington DC for our national blind agency conference on April 21 (which just happens to be my wife's birthday. And since I'd like to live long enough to see MY next birthday, I won't tell you which one this is for her.) This will be my first major trip since my surgery and diagnosis, so to say I'm a little nervous would be an understatement. I have contacted the hotel and asked them for some special accommodations (walk-in shower, extra pillows, close to the elevator, etc.) So, pray that I can make it without any major hitches. I've not exactly figured out how to keep from setting off the metal-detector at the Airport, but, hey... if they want to see my zipper... I'll take my shirt off.

Grace & Peace to all...

Bob

3 comments:

Randal said...

Hi Unc Bob.

We continue to pray for you and your family and we will add your D.C. trip to those prayers as well.

The spring weather is just beautiful on the east-cost, but be sure to bring along any allergy medicine you might want as the pollen is also a part of that "spring beauty"
:-)

Much love,
Randy (and family)

carmen uy said...

I admire your strength and courage for wanting to travel out of town with your illness. I have also a problem with my blood chemistry but much milder than your problem. My hemoglobin count goes down and this causes me to be dizzy and always feeling cold when my medication wears off. I am injected with a medicine every month to correct this condition. And with this mild illness I avoid travelling even to neighboring countryside. I think I should emulate your courage. I will remember you in my prayers.

Kelley said...

Hey, You'll be in my prayers. I pray that you have a good and productive trip to the nations capital. See you soon, I got lots to tell you. Love you lots.