Thursday, January 29, 2009

God’s Unbelievable Blessings!

I went to the Doctor 1-26-09 for a little quick blood work. Three-and-a-half hours later, I left his office and headed home. Wow…but it is OK. The blood work showed that the coumadin was thinning my blood too much, so he decided to have me not take it for a few days. On Wednesday we’ll re-check it then he will adjust it.

Before I left I asked about the CT scan they took last Thursday. He pulled up the information and told me the greatest news I could hope for… he said, “No new cancer” and then he babbled on for a little while about everything looking much better, tumors being smaller, and that the treatment was working very well. But, the “no new cancer” comment was the one that got my attention.

We talked about the tumor on the rib on the right side. He said that the CT scan showed that involved in the swelling was the possibility of a fracture in the rib. He’s not really sure, but his educated opinion was to hold off for a little while and see if it improved in the next few weeks.

Then, he recommended that I stay off the chemo-therapy for about a month. He said that the blood clot that was in my leg was (again in his opinion) most likely caused by the chemo. He said that two of the primary drugs in the chemo when administered individually did not cause blood clots. However, when combined there was a 1 in 5 chance that it would cause clots… (Just call me Mr. Lucky).

So, let’s back up just a tad. My blood is too thin now and he needs to have me stay off the thinner for a few days and readjust. The tumor on the right rib might be a fracture? No Chemo for a month because it was most likely the culprit of the blood clots? And my take on all of this is an enjoyment of God’s unbelievable blessings? Absolutely! Just think about it. No new cancer! I could be dealing with new cancer, no way to fix the blood clots, more surgery for the rib, and whole list of other things. But, God has blessed me again.

I have been feeling better these last few days, even though my back has still had some pain, I’m better.

The icy weather has me house-bound for a few days, but that is OK. I have some office work here that will keep me busy.

Blessed, I tell you… I am blessed!

Grace & Peace,

Bob

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Bob, you are an inspiration to us! You can take stuff that stinks and find blessings in it!

I think we often lose this clarity when life is going well...

We love you!

Holly said...

Praise God! He IS working miricles! I am so excited to have good news.

Love, Holly

Brandi said...

That is wonderful news!

Randal said...

The wife of a friend of mine from work is, “according to the doctors”, dying from cirrhosis of the liver. Her name is Elizabeth.
~~ Many of us Pray ~~ and hope that God helps her…
((HE IS))

According to the doctors, she was suppose to die last summer, when they gave her only 3-4 weeks to live.
~~ Many of us Prayed ~~ and hoped that God would sustain her…
((HE DID))

Since last summer, Elizabeth has been told (by 5 different doctors) that she would die within a few weeks, or less.
~~ Many of us Prayed ~~ and hoped that God would bless her…
((HE HAS))

In 2008, Elizabeth tried to get onto a ‘donor list’ but was denied because, according to the doctors, she would not even live until 2009.
~~ Many of us Prayed ~~ and asked God to watch over her…
((HE DOES))

=== It’s now about ½ a year later ===

God has Blessed Elizabeth, but she still has a long way to go…

(1.) She is receiving new treatments and physical therapy because the doctors now suddenly think that she might actually have a chance to “become physically ready” to receive a liver transplant.
~~ Please Pray that God will help her to “Become physically ready”.

(2.) In March, she will have another opportunity to simply get on the donor list.
~~ Please Pray that God will help her to “Get on the donor list”.

(3.) In faithful hope of her getting on the list, she would still need to be selected for a donor organ.
~~ Please Pray that God will help her to “Be selected for a donor organ”.

(4.) In faithful hope of her being selected, she would still have to undergo a significant surgical procedure.
~~ Please Pray that God will help her to “Have a successful surgery”.

======= ======= =======

Sometimes Prayer may seem tedious and tiresome (especially in the face of long suffering and an onslaught of negative reports from doctors)

But remember,
God is…
God did…
God has…
God does…


…and (prayerfully – faithfully – hopefully) God WILL!!!

======= ======= =======

We love you Bob!
- our Prayers are lifted for you daily.

In Christ,
Randy (and family)