Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blog groupies...

Good morning. I hope this finds you well. Things seem to be going well for me right now. I tend to have a little dizziness from time to time, but all in all I’m OK. There is some really good news for me... I got to re-start my chemotherapy last week. That means that the Coumadin is working well enough that the fear of blood clots reforming in my legs is less, and that I can get the good medication in my system that will do the most healing in reference to the cancer.

Also, oddly enough, my blood sugars appear to be well under control. I consistently have days where my morning blood test reveals a blood sugar of below 90. Occasionally I’ll have a 100, but that is more the exception than the rule.

Another thing is that I have re-enlisted to teach Bible class at church. I wrote our education minister yesterday and told him that my health, not-with-standing, I would like to go back on the substitute teacher list. I can’t teach every week, and I can’t be his “last minute ace in the hole”, but I do want to teach when I can. I love teaching God’s word. And... having this dreaded disease shouldn’t eliminate me from one of my greatest joys of life. I don’t play golf, fish, or hunt. So, maybe I can teach at least every-so-often.

I still try to adjust myself to the cancer and I try to make myself believe that it isn’t “all that bad” when in actuality, it really stinks. There are lots of days I don’t feel good, and there are many days that my fatigue level has maxed out by 10AM. But, I am alive, I am on “the north side of the dirt”, and I can walk. God has been so good to me. He has blessed me with family and friends who stick close.

If you are praying for me, please continue to do so. Also pray for my family because on the really hard days, it is tough on them.

Grace & Peace,
Bob


PS... I also want to wish my wonderful, amazing daughter a happy birthday. She's the best kid ever, and continually brings her mother & I joy!!!!! (Yeah, yeah....okay this is really Karyn writing! It's part of the joys of being the blog editor! ha ha) ; )

3 comments:

Holly said...

Karyn, you are too funny!

Bob, I am continuing to pray for you. Praying for strenght and for COMPLETE healing!

Love and Prayers, Holly

Randal said...

It’s nice to hear the upbeat report.
We are still praying for you (and your family) every day.

Also, GREAT NEWS to hear that you are able to return to teaching the Word of GOD
(even if on an occasional basis).

We know that teaching cheers your heart and (as the Bible says)...
"A cheerful heart is good medicine..."
~ Proverbs 17:22

Know that we love and miss you all.
…Keep fighting the good fight of faith!

Much Love,
Randy (and family)

carmen uy said...

Hi! Pages of My Heart provided a link yo your blog so here I am. My husband has cancer too, cancer of the tongue, a very rare one. He opted for alternative medicine and healing through priest faith healers. He takes sour sop fruit (Graviola, a local fruit) asparagus, brocolli, carrots cauliflower and lemon grass juice. I read in the internet they are good for cancer. He also takes apricot seeds and ESSIAC tea, which we ordered from the USA. He did not like to go on radiation and chemotherapy because of the side effects.

I will be including you in my prayers. God bless.