Monday, November 10, 2008

THE EVIDENCE IS CHANGING…

Saturday morning, I went “sale-ing” for a couple hours. Now for those of you who may not know all of my down-falls in life, being a chronic Garage-sale-a-holic is one of them. Besides a bunch of stuff I really didn’t need I found a nice clock for my office, and a handful of Christian CD’s. One is of the “Kings of Joy” an all black male group and friends…they rock!

After I rested a few hours, Debbie and went to a late lunch and then went to the movie “Fireproof”. This movie is awesome! It stars Kirk Cameron and it is a tremendous movie. It carries a very strong message… a message every man and woman in America need to hear. It addresses the single most destructive force in any marriage –selfishness.

Even though I didn’t sleep many hours Saturday night, Sunday morning I woke feeling great. We went to church, Bible class, and then to lunch with our kids. I took Debbie home and went to the grocery store for about an hour to buy food for our church pantry drive. Then we went to evening church and to our Brother’s Keepers group meeting.

All day Saturday I leaned on my walker. But Sunday… all day… I did not use the walker at all! I decided that if I don’t force the issue with my feet and legs, I may never get the feeling back. So, I am living the miracle that I believe God will work in my life. Like the caption at the top of this blog page… “Hope is believing in spite of the evidence, then watching the evidence change.” The evidence is changing. I’m getting stronger.

Grace & Peace to All –
Bob

4 comments:

Randal said...

Praise God! What a wonderful testimony of Faith.

We stand right there with you Unc. Bob in faithful prayer and bold belief.

Faith is indeed a substance. The EVIDENCE of things unseen.

It's an amazing thing to watch the "unseen" become "seen".

And we can rejoice because we know that this happens by FAITH

:-)

Kelley said...

God is amazing how he uses both big and small things to get our attention. Your faith in God is truly a testimony about our God. I love you for many reasons, and your zealous faith is one of them.

I agree that the movie "fireproof" touches on what is wrong with many marriages in the world. I really like that passage in Phil 2:3, do nothing from selfish ambition but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourself.

I guess if we really did that more often then we would experience more of the peace God provides to those that live according to his standard.

I'm glad you still go sale-ing!

Judy said...

Bob, I used the quote on your blog in my prison lesson last night about faith and hope. I'm glad you're getting stronger. God is awesome!

The Davidsons said...

I like the new header. My dad used to love to go garage sale-ing too!