Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trust in the Lord

A dear sister in Christ reminded me of the Proverbs 3:5 verse that says, in essence… “Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.” I don’t know why all of this happened to me, but I also don’t know why it shouldn’t happen to me. About three years ago I made a conscious effort to work on my relationship with my wife and with my God. Little did I know that when I got the relationship with God in a better condition, that all of my other relationships would line up behind them. Now, let me quickly add, that all I can say is that things are better, not perfect. Ok… a lot better. But I still struggle with keeping a bridle in my mouth.

Some of you share with me that you have issues and problems in your life or in the lives of your family. Some have said, “Why?” Again, I toss it back…“Why not?” God has given you the tools that those who live without God’s grace do not have. God promised you that he would not leave you, that he would not give you more than you could handle, and that he would give you his Holy Spirit to be a counselor to help you through the hard times. God told us to rejoice in the hard times because it is an opportunity to give HIM glory.

Look forward to the hard times, not with joy and excitement because things are falling apart around you, but because it is at those times you get closer to God. And if you are not getting closer to God… then you’re walking the wrong way.

Grace & Peace to all

– Bob

1 comment:

Renee Conley said...

That is so true, but we don't always see it that way. You are true inspiration.