Friday, September 12, 2008

ICU

Friday Morning - 12:51 AM

My mom, my husband, and I, got to go back and see dad in ICU about 15 minutes ago. He's swollen (of course) and had a ton of equipment hooked up to him, but he looked good! (Well....he would have hated to know his hair was spiked high and looked terrible, you know how Bob likes his hair looking good...but we didn't tell him. ha ha)

They are keeping on him a ventilator through the night because his body had been through so much, the doctor wanted him to rest easily. It should come off in the morning.

Even through all this ol' Bob can make us laugh. Mom was talking to him about everything the doctor had told us and I said "You can move your legs dad!!" and he wiggled his toes...a lot and gave me a thumbs up! Then I said "Mom wants to stay here tonight, but they are going to give you a lot of meds to sleep. I think she should go home and sleep good, and they will call her when you wake up. Do you think she should go or stay?" He gave thumbs DOWN! Then she said "no, no, you need to vote again" and again his response was thumbs down!! We were cracking up.

He will be in ICU Friday and possibly Saturday. There is a ICU waiting room, BUT please call us before you come out so we can come down and see you. We are asking that only family see him at this time, until he gets moved to a regular room.

Our specific prayer tonight is first of thanksgiving! Also we ask that Bob regains full mobility and walks again. We ask that the cancer not spread, and that it is fully treatable.

Thank you again. Your love and support are overwhelming.

God is SO good!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you, Father, for protecting your servant! We know He will help Bob heal and recover.

Sarah said...

Kar, I just had a thought. Bob has been praying so passionately and fervertly for Jon, Mike and Matt. Not knowing the same disease was wreaking havoc on his body. Life is ironic. But God is bigger than all that.

Lesley said...

wow! that's huge!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Karen,
Tara told me the news today...I was shocked as I am definitely sure you all were. I am so glad that God has answered your prayers so far. We will continue to pray for your family. If you need anything let us know.