Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Morning Update

We do have to have our cell phones off in ICU, and I didn't think about that. If anyone comes by they will notify us from the ICU waiting room.



The ventilator is out!!!! His vitals are amazing. He still can only whisper which is nice, I am sure he'll be yelling at mom and I soon. ha ha

Over the past few weeks we have physically had to LIFT his legs out of bed for him. He couldn't feel them to move them. Today I can hold my hand chest high and he can kick my hand. GOD IS SO GOOD AND HE IS THE WONDERFUL HEALER!

I know that dad has a LONG road ahead. I know he's not "out of the woods" as they say...but we feel with God's love and your constant prayers he will get through and he will be stronger because of it.

God's healing power is good!

7 comments:

Heather said...

What hospital is he in,and when is he expected to go home? Just wondering..we would love to come visit him! I am SO thankful the surgery went so well, and of course that he's already making you laugh!
We are still praying...

Mandy said...

Wonderful wonderful news! We are still praying. We were going to come by last night, but our babysitting plan backfired. Love you, M

Paul said...

Bobby - you know we love you and are praying for you. Thanks for your great influence in my life over the years.
Karyn and Debbie, call on me anytime...I'm not far away.

Unknown said...

Bob, the news sounds so good and many, many prayers have been answered. I'm personally concerned about Jimmy's Egg because they will definitely miss you. Winona and I are going to CR tonight(the elder rotation)and it will seem strange to not have you there selling us on the greatness of this program. Get well soon. Jack

Larry B. said...

Bob, this is a pretty dramatic tactic just to get out of the SILC Conference in DC next week! I think this cancer was probably caused by over-exposure to a toxic pewter-pedistaled table. I warned you should have gotten rid of it (I can still help). We're all pulling for you and hope you're back at work soon.
Larry B/DRS

okcowgirl421 said...

Utleys and Johnsons - I just heard about Bob...I am so thankful for the already answered prayers! Please know that Nathan and I will be praying for your continued healing! Karyn, please let me know if there's anything at all we can do. I'll e-mail you my cell number - call any time, day or night, and I MEAN THAT!!! Love you guys!

Beth (Clay) Anderson

Lesley said...

Good news!