Saturday, September 13, 2008

Say Cheese

I stayed with dad this evening and I MADE my mom go home and rest. I tend to get a little camera happy, so I took some pictures. (I'm sure mom won't let me stay alone with him again!!)

The first picture is of the incision, and the $1 is being held next to it so you can see just how long it is. It's big! There are 57 staples, I counted!! (And I know it's gross but that is a drain hose still connected....hey, I didn't say the pictures were pretty!!!)



I have named this next one "Rugged & Drugged", it's fitting I think!!


I'll let you know if we get to leave ICU tomorrow. Thanks for the continued prayers and support!

God's love is amazing!

9 comments:

rebeckaoneal said...

you go bob so glad to hear that you are doing good and I agree with your daughter the words I loved the most was HIGHLY TREATABLE you and debbie are in my prayers and I hope you are filling better soon!! stick in their

Teresa M. said...

All I can say is Bob must still be pretty drugged to let you take those pictures AND put them out in public!!! So glad though that he is doing great and I bet he is happy to be able to feel again!

Teresa

kj said...

He fully knew what I was doing!!! And I showed them to him before they "went live", he just wants more sympathy!! ha ha

Paul said...

Phil Watson lead a great prayer for you this morning... love from Edmond auditorium class

Lesley said...

was so good to "see" him! we love you guys!

J. Cheney said...

Youch! Looks nasty, but the 'drugged' picture makes me suspect you don't mind right now. ;o)

(It'll catch up with you later, no doubt.)

We'll keep you in our prayers,
J and Matt.

Anonymous said...

I love the "rugged and drugged" caption for that great pic. I think I'm going to make it my new wallpaper on my computer. Ha-Ha!

Love & Prayers,
Mark & Laura

[[ hook'em horns! ]]

Kristin Neill said...

I am so glad to see he is doing well. I loved the picture of his face! We have missed getting to see it for too long!
We love you guys and you are in our prayers1 You are so right in saying God is truely amazing and faithful!
Russell and Kristin Neill

Lori D said...

To me Robert really doesn't look much different than he usually does!HA He actually looks pretty happy-hence the drugged part! Anyway I told our Bible class the good news & gave the blog site to some. One of the songs we sang was Standing on the promises & Step by step-Go figure-must be a God thing! Oh, disregard the hook'em horns from son Mark-He knows it's Boomer-Sooner! We Love you guys & thanks for the great updates, Miss Janae'(: Love, Uncle George & Aunt Lori